By purchasing a Herd Share you agree to the following:
Herd Share Agreement
This herd share agreement made and entered into this day, by and between customer, hereinafter designated as Owner, and Lazy Dog Farms LLC, hereinafter designated “Agister.”
Whereas, for purposes of this agreement, The Owner wishes to have his share of the cow herd boarded and milked by the Agister.
The price of joining to the Owner is $10 and this buys ownership into the herd. It is a non-refundable, annual cost of ownership. The ownership is automatically renewable on an annual basis on the anniversary date at $ 10 per year. The price per share for labor of milking one gallon of the Owner’s milk from the herd or production of dairy products, is set at the current market price.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of mutual covenants contained herein, the parties agree as follows:
- Agister agrees that:
- Agister will feed, water, and care for the herd of cows in accordance
with good barn management practice.
- Agister will milk the herd daily, using a container or containers
supplied by Owner, and will keep the milk clean, fresh, and will refrigerate
- Any other services to be performed must be agreed upon in writing.
- Owner agrees that:
- Owner will pay their portion for Agister’s labor of milking the herd
. which includes feed, housing, electricity costs and the like.
- Owner will be at the milk pick up in a prompt and timely fashion,
wherever the agreed-upon location may be. Or send a representative to
pick it up for them.
- Neither Agister, his employees, officers, or agents shall be liable for
any disease, accident, injury or death of cows in the herd, from any cause
whatsoever; neither shall they be liable for any injury or damage to
person, animal, or property caused by the cows in the herd, Owner, from
any cause whatsoever. Owner agrees to indemnify the Agister and his
officers, employees, and agents against any claim for any damages to any
person, animal or property caused by the cows in the herd, or Owner.
- Owner enters the premises of Agister’s farm solely at his own risk;
Agister shall bear no liability to Owner or damage to Owners property.
III. Owner and Agister mutually agree that:
- The term of this contract is one year from the date hereof, which
contract shall be automatically renewed at $10 per year indefinitely subject to the
notice provisions herein, until Owner or Agister shall give notice of
- Owner hereby relinquishes all control of veterinarian services to the
Agister. Owner has no control over what cows are fed, when the cows are
vetted, vaccinated, bred, dried off, and also has no control over or ownership
of offspring. All control of the herd is relinquished to the Agister.
- Not withstanding II C. above, Owner shall not be liable for damage to
Agister’s property caused by any member of the herd.
- Agister shall not be liable to Owner for any sickness, death, loss or
damage from the production of raw milk or raw milk products produced and picked up by Owner.
- In the event either party takes action to enforce any of the terms or
conditions of this agreement, it is specifically agreed that the prevailing
parties incurred reasonable attorneys fees, costs and expenses will be paid
by the losing party.
This agreement may be terminated by either party giving thirty (30) days written notice to the other. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and there are no other agreements between them.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Tennessee, both as to interpretation and performance. All terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding on the parties, their successors, assigns, heirs, administrators, agents, and personal representatives.
There are no reviews yet.